Monday, February 8, 2010

Pearly Mottled Paper




This is featured on page 3 of "Paper Transformed" and is a very easy & pretty technique.

Step 1: brayer rainbow dye inks on coated or matte paper. I used matte white.

Step 2: Spritz the paper with water, just two sprays. Make sure your sprayer is big enough to get some bigger droplets. Blot, but don't rub the water with a paper towel.

Step 3: Lightly brush some Perfect Pearls in Gold or Kiwi (a green gold) over the paper. I did try using Moon Glow powders because I have many more of them, but evidently the binder in Perfect Pearls is necessary for this technique.

Step 4: Brush off excess and voila!

3 comments:

  1. All your recent experiments look great, but this is my favorite. Your sets turned out fabulous. I'm going to have to try this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of your experiments too. Your Pretty Mottled Paper ones seemed to turn out better than mine as you have the little "clumps" which seem to be on Julia's pictures in her book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yours better than my attempt. Seems you and Rena were able to capture this technique!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete