A swap for Art-Ventures. I'd forgotten about this super easy technique. Here's how it's done:
1. Cut open a plastic page protector, so it opens like a book.
2. Ink each side of the "book" with dye-based inks. I just applied them DTP style and mixed up my colors. The main colors here were Adirondack Wild Plum & Red Pepper, with some random orange ink.
3. Close the "book" and gently walk your fingers across the whole page protector. You'll see lots of interesting bubbles develop. This is what you want.
4. Carefully open the "book" back up. Insert two 8.5 x 11-inch pieces of white, glossy cardstock, placed back to back and with glossy side out.
5. Close the page protector once more. Walk your fingers over once again and you'll see the ink transfer, bubbles, fissures and all. Et voila, Fossil Stone.