Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Approaching summer's end


Somehow, I reinvent my perception of reality every summer. I recall long, languid, seemingly endless days of summer, and feeling like I had all the time in the world. I somehow think, as a working mom with 3 kids, that I'm going to duplicate that feeling. Not.

My past 10 weeks have been filled with kids in and our of the house, camping trips, river trips, beach trips, visiting family, work travel, etc. The time has flown by and in one week, school resumes. So now I am in the thick of BTS shopping and paperwork--lots of paperwork.

All of which is to say, though I have participated in a fair number of art swaps this summer, my blog has been neglected. So I'll make a start and at least upload some pics today.

1 comment:

  1. Just looked through all your recent uploads... and yes, I share your feeling about summer's ethereality (even though we homeschool and I'm not a working mom). I think it's more age... things slip by more and more quickly. Trying to be present and aware and Here Now is my goal these days. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete