Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Playing with Kraft Glassine & Kraft Resist





I have some new Tim Holtz papers & I had a little playtime this weekend.

I'm posting a card here that uses both. I ran a strip of Kraft glassine with an embossing folder and then rubbed Distress ink over it. I also made some flowers but wasn't happy with them--I'll try again. My last post was about an ATC on a recycled paper bag--same general principle. But this is waxy, kind of translucent--reminds me a bit of a greasy paper sack, without the grease! I did crumple some and swipe with inks, and I can tell this paper is fun and merits further play.

The background paper here is the Kraft Resist Paper stash Tim has released. This is really fun stuff. I've often done emboss resist techniques but this saves that step, and has the bonus of being offered up on wonderful Tim designs..and on heavy kraft paper, which takes inks differently than other papers. I used Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire. Lost a lot of the detail but I loved the contrast.

The card uses both papers and one of the first stamps I ever bought, back in 2003 (from Non-Sequitur stamps). I thought it was kind of funny to stumble across this old stamp, what with the current rage for mannequins and dress forms. I still like her!

On one of these samples, I used Distress Stain in wild Honey--you can see the difference with lighter inks. On another I used DTP with Dried Marigold Distress Inks. Then I used Color Mist sprays on the other piece, and the darker colors really made it pop.

So that's some preliminary results and I look forward to playing with these papers again!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I bought some of the glassine but have not given it a try yet, you have inspired me to get to it!

    ReplyDelete