Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Water's Edge



Ok, I know this dragonfly pendant by Vintaj has been "done." But I've had it forever and it seemed the thing for this two strand necklace.

"Water's Edge..." the colors make me think of an early summer day by a large lake. Little wavelets are splashing on a pebbly beach, foaming creamy white, while the sun hints at blue depths below the pale green surface. Dragonflies hover above and occasionally land on me when I am still.

The stones are Howlite (creamy white) and Amazonite, which is one of my favorite stones to design with. There are also some fire-polished Czech glass beads with an AB finish. I use antiqued brass (lead & nickel free) in a lot of my work because I like the vintage look, but also because it's affordable.

Starting a ramp up on jewelry making again. This one might be a gift, or for a charity auction, or for sale...not sure yet! I did enjoy carving out enough time to complete a piece and give myself over to the rhythm of the wire working.

No comments:

Post a Comment