Thursday, October 14, 2010

Autumn projects

Creativity's been lagging as I've been working so much. I signed up for a few challenges on my groups, precisely so I'd make something--anything! And I had some fun, so that's all to the good.

First up was a challenge for the Stampsmith group. We had to use brayering, stippling or sponging, a Stampsmith image, a Halloween theme, AND there had to be stitching somewhere on this. I brayered on a rainbow ink, added direct-to-paper with Distress Dried Marigold ink, then stippled eggplant pigment ink over that. My mind goes to strange places and here's my version. Thank you Sandi Brooks for the challenge.

Next is an ATC for a house-shaped ATC swap on DreamCreateInspire. Nobody said it couldn't be a "haunted" house!

Finally, I made an :elegant eggplant-colored and embossed" journal for a swap titled "E is for..." on the Art-Venturers. I did the end papers on black cardstock, stamped with bleach, sprayed with Color Mist neon sprays and then embossed using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die.

Getting out my Halloween stamps was fun and I hope to have more time next week for some cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment