Monday, July 28, 2008

Here There Be Angels!


I am not into angels, per se, but I am fascinated by how much lore there is about them. These pages were for a skinny book on one of my international groups. The front page is layered paints and inks on canvas paper. Appropriately, I used Tattered Angels glimmer mists as the base, then rubbed on ink pads DTP and finally dry brushed some white acrylic paint over the pages. The central image is called "The Angel of Healing" and she's from Scottish Borders Stamping. I embossed her in a green moss interference powder that's very gold, actually. She looks much prettier in real life than this scan would indicate.

The back page is all done with Brilliance inks and features part of a poem from Jane Yolen, from the book "Here There Be Angels." The poem reads:

An angel at front door and back, One for art and one for fact: For story and for poetry. And one for song. Angels three.

No comments:

Post a Comment