Friday, February 8, 2008

Gluey Gooey Fun






I think February is just the month of backgrounds, period. I've been inking and dying a lot of paper and canvas, and my hands are all stained--always a sign of fun had! I've got quite a stash going for projects.

Tonight I'll post some of the paper backgrounds. These are glue resist backgrounds done on cardstock, and they are for another Trish Bee "Background Noise" challenge. See Trish's challenge here http://trishbee.co.uk/?p=34
And here are a few of the backgrounds. The basic idea is to smoosh (technical term) regular white PVA glue on cardstock--either randomly or in patterns, and let it dry. The glue acts like a resist when sponged with colors.

These will get added to my background noise journal.

1 comment:

  1. Autumn, your gluey backgrounds are great. I avoided this technique originally, not so sure I'd like the results, but I love yours. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete