Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Year's Resolution Swap



This is going to Kacy on the CC Swaps group. I had a hard time getting going on this because I had not made any NY resolutions. :) After giving it some thought, here they are:

-Stop hoarding stuff. This is the impetus behind Kacy's card. I hoard my art supplies. I mean, what am I waiting for? This uses a chipboard tag booklet, Ranger Crackle paint that I'd never opened, and lots of doo-dads and doohickies I've been hoarding. Sending some of the doohickies to Kacy for her to play with as well.

-Find my voice. As a budding artist, I've spent a lot of time these past couple of years playing, learning techniques and ogling others' creations. I feel like I'm proficient, but I've yet to figure out my own niche. I'd like what I create to have its own style/soul. So, I guess the resolution is to keep growing.

-Stop creating just for swaps. I love swaps, I really do. But all my artwork goes to them and I'd like to focus on some pieces "just because" or just for home this year.

That's it!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! You did a fantastic job Autumn! Absolutely GORGEOUS! uuhhhmmm, you could make one for me - and that would help with "stop making just for swaps" ~:o) (Just trying to help a friend . . . LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art on your blog today. Every one will be thrilled to be the recipients. Great resolutions too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new year's resolutions Autumn, and the tag book is wonderful too. Your 'find my voice' resolution is really inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new year's resolutions Autumn, and the tag book is wonderful too. Your 'find my voice' resolution is really inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete