Monday, July 30, 2007

Finished "Inky Layers"













I cut these pieces to A4 size and then added Fluid Chalk inks. The first picture shows what they looked like with warm red and dark peony added.

The final step calls for rubbing on a layer of iridescent ink. I used what I had: Daler-Rowney pearlescent medium in copper, but I thought it evened everything out too much, so I swiped on some additional inks, including some azurite. Here is a piece that I've finished. I rather like how layered these look.

Have to finish these up and then I'll mail them out for the background swap. Next I'll see what I can do with these backgrounds in terms of making ATCs.

2 comments:

  1. Autumn - I absolutely LOVE how these turned out! What a fantastic idea . . . . can't wait to try it out myself :) Goodness knows I have all the supplies . . . LOL.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous backgrounds, Autumn! I love the idea and love your choice of colors. Thanks for sharing the "how to" part:)

    ReplyDelete